As operators require additional, and more varied, services to be handled by their existing and growing OTN backbone, efficient ingress and egress become mandatory.
An OTN transponder is the most straightforward, cost-effective answer for delivering client traffic inside OTN lines for backbone interconnection.
The EKINOPS PM O6006MP provides multi-protocol client support and can carry any mix of Ethernet and SONET/ SDH since each of the six transponders is independent of the others.
With both OTU2 and OTU2e line support,both OC-192/STM-64 and 10GbE trafficcan be handled natively at full line rate.
- High density with six independent transponders on a single module
- Multi-protocol client support; 10GbE or OC-192/STM-64
- OTU2/OTU2e line rate
- G.709 ITU standard Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Pluggable module compatible with any EKINOPS chassis already installed in the field
- Economical agnostic SFP(+) interfaces for client and line sides
- B&W or colored line interfaces
OTN is primarily a backbone/core network technology used to create a homogeneous networkenvironment that can process multiple different types of service with greater efficiency.
The EKINOPS PM O6006MP provides a native on-ramp into this switched core backbone at the lowest possible cost. The line port output is a standard ITU G.709 OTU2 (for SONET/SDH services) or OTU2e (for 10GbE services) and can interface as a client directly on to any third-party, standards-based OTN switch, muxponder or transponder thereby eliminating the need for a bookend device to be co-locatedwith the core equipment.
The EKINOPS PM O6006MP can be utilized for both greenfield and existing deployments with no need to replace a line system already in place.
- Economical 10G transport
- Entry and termination points for legacy customer traffic into/from OTN transport network
- Gateway to switched OTN backbones