In the WDM world, marginally designed and implemented systems yield marginal reliability and capacity. A truly optimized span is balanced and implemented with the correct power levels for the distances, losses and receiver tolerances for both all current as well as future traffic. Per channel power needs to be configured for levels that sustain channel scalability while maintaining reliability. Optimized power levels enable additional margin on the system and better Optical-Signal-to-Noise-Ratio (OSNR) resulting in a “cleaner” signal at the receive (RX) site and fewer bit errors.
EKINOPS Celestis Optimizer is a standalone application that provides the ability for a WDM system to measure and adjust the power of each optical channel at all sites where traffic is added and dropped including terminal sites, fixed OADM sites and ROADM sites. To do this, Celestis Optimizer detects all optical channels available on the system, measures the optical power on each channel on the receive (RX) side of the interface cards (Transponder or Muxponder) and remotely adjusts the transmit (TX) power of each channel to optimize the optical transmission. It automatically corrects for power level changes due to new channel insertion and adds/drops without requiring manual intervention. It allows for NOC-controlled remote adjustment of power levels to compensate for changes due to fiber aging and other events.
- Automatically corrects for power level changes due to new channel insertion and adds/drops without requiring manual intervention
- Allows for NOC-controlled remote adjustment of power levels to compensate for changes due to fiber aging and other events
- Eliminates truck rolls with “Plug-and-Play” approach for new channel installation
- Removes the need for fixed attenuators using dynamic adjustment of power per channel to optimize performance
- Enables additional margin on the system and better OSNR
- Runs on a standard physical or virtual server
- Automated power balancing of EKINOPS line systems