Celestis LightUp is a standalone application designed to optimize the commissioning of an EKINOPS optical transport network. It uses the capability of the PM OA HCS amplifier family to drastically reduce the cost of optical transport network commissioning.
The LightUp application operates based on information shared from Celestis D&Q, EKINOPS design and quote tool that contains all network parameters. The application first compares inventory and settings between the design file and the real site configuration and also performs loss monitoring on each span. Alarms are raised when measured values are different from the expected value.
Once this audit phase is complete, the nominal gain of amplifier is automatically adjusted based on this information to optimize performance and an output power adjustment is done per transmission direction based on design tool inputs. Finally, communication and settings are tested from each site to the terminal site to ensure network visibility from end to end.
- One technician to run the full commissioning of the line
- Commissioning can be launched remotely from the NOC
- No need to have the full line installed and connected before starting the end-to-end commissioning
- One visit per site — no need to return to previous sites for commissioning optimization
- Reduces OPEX
- Speeds time to revenue realization
- Can be used on any EKINOPS line system with PM OA HCS amplifiers