The EKINOPS PM 124 module is part of the EKINOPS 360 platform that aggregates four OC-3 / STM-1 or one OC-12 / STM-4 signal on the client side and transports them over a 1.25 Gbps line circuit. Aggregated traffic can be transported as a separate wavelength over fiber. The 1.25G signal is compatible with other modules in the EKINOPS platform and can be aggregated again through the client ports of the EKINOPS PM 253 and EKINOPS PM 1008 family. This two step aggregation allows service providers to aggregate both GbE and TDM traffic on the same wavelength or aggregate up to 24 OC-3 circuits over one wave.
The EKINOPS PM 124 does not terminate the OC-3/STM-1 traffic and provides fully transparent transport. It utilizes standard SFP interfaces for the access and the line ports.
The EKINOPS PM 124 module can be managed through SNMP or via the EKINOPS standard element level management interfaces, which include a Command Line Interface (CLI) and an EKINOPS java-based Graphical User Interface (GUI). The CLI is accessible via Secure Socket Shell (SSH) and Telnet remotely or via a local serial port locally on the management board.
Complete performance monitoring and management are provided, including laser shut off and local and remote loopback, useful for maintenance and fault isolation.
The EKINOPS PM 124 module is also supported by Celestis NMS, the EKINOPS advanced Network Management System.
- Four OC-3/STM-1 client port interfaces or one OC-12/STM-4 client port interface
- Fully transparent transport of OC-3/STM-1 or OC-12/STM-4 client signals
- 1.25Gbps line interface compatible with PM 253 and PM 1008 family client interface
- SFP modules for line and client port
- DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitoring) information from SFPs
- Configuration and management via SNMP
- Loopback on client and line side
- Business Services (TDM, Ethernet, Video, Fibre Channel)
- Mix ATM 155Mb/s, ATM 622 Mb/s and GbE on a single 10G wave
- ATM and GbE DSLAM