Optical power monitoring is a powerful tool for providing visibility into network-wide performance reporting of signal strength and availability. It improves the overall operation of the network with the ability to provide end-to-end network optimization.
The EKINOPS PM OPM8 is a device which provides up to eight spectrum input ports for optical power monitoring over the C-Band. The PM OPM8 is composed of an optical switch to select the input port to monitor. The selected input port is then monitored by the Optical Power Monitor component.
The PM OPM8 monitors the service state of each individual channel as well as the aggregated DWDM signal to provide information about optical power, channel presence/absence and channel mismatch due to out of service channels. It can also compensate for the insertion loss of the monitoring ports on a per channel basis.
The EKINOPS PM OPM8 module can be managed through SNMP or via the EKINOPS standard element level management interfaces, which include a Command Line Interface (CLI) and an EKINOPS java-based Graphical User Interface (GUI). The CLI is accessible via Secure Socket Shell (SSH) and Telnet remotely or via a local serial port locally on the management board.
The EKINOPS PM OPM8 module is also supported by Celestis NMS, the EKINOPS advanced Network Management System.
- Allows per-channel monitoring of the full C-band spectrum
- Monitor up to eight incoming spectrums on a single module
- Provides maximum and minimum channel powers within the monitored spectrum
- Per-port configurable offset to compensate the insertion loss of the monitoring ports
- Improve network monitoring and operation optimization
- Provides end-to-end automatic network settings optimization when associated with ROADM or DGE cards
- Improving network reliability and ensuring integrity on the optical line