The EKINOPS PM DGE2 module is an easy-to-use, effective solution to dynamically and automatically optimize your optical transport network settings.
The EKINOPS PM DGE2 provides monitoring features that give you in real time the number of installed channels, the total power, and the per-channel power available on your network.
It can also adjust all power per channel to a predefined value.
This module replaces all fixed or variable attenuators used previously on optical transport systems, since a single power per channel setting can be transferred to all available channels on the network in a single command from the NOC.
It eliminates the need to go on site or modify remotely from the NOC the transponders/ muxponders line settings as the network evolves or expands capacity.
The EKINOPS PM DGE2 can be configured in manual or automatic mode to optimize spectrum flatness across the network and improve the Optical Signal-to-Noise Ratio (OSNR) for amplifier or regeneration site suppression and a huge cost savings on the network infrastructure.
This module can be efficiently used in different locations in optical transport networks, at terminal sites and at in-line amplifier sites to optimize the performance of long haul routes.
This EKINOPS PM DGE2 unit works in standalone mode and can be used to optimize systems not only from EKINOPS but also from other manufacturers.
- Optical channel power measurement and automatic optimization
- Network automatic tuning
- Per channel power adjustment on the full C band
- Available for 50GHz or 100GHz grid
- Plug and play module, easy to install
- Simple solution for optical transport network margin improvement
- OPEX improvement for network commissioning and capacity extension
- Optical transport network optimization, compatible with EKINOPS or other vendor platforms
- Dynamic power per channel adjustment
- Optical channel monitoring
- Capacity extension automation