With the increasing use of both fixed and mobile video and data, the demand for bandwidth out to every cell tower continues to rise. For metro transport, fiber scarcity is a major roadblock for network operators that need to expand the number of customers they can reach and the number and capacity of the services they can deliver.
EKINOPS CM Optical Multiplexer (OM) series of Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) solutions provide network operators with a way to selectively add up to 32 channels one wavelength at a time to rapidly provision additional bandwidth and services at a fraction of the investment required to deploy new fiber. Whether rings, hub-and-spoke or point-to-point links; dark or lit fiber, EKINOPS DWDM solutions enable network operators to eliminate fiber constraints, leverage existing fiber plant investments, and accelerate revenue generation.
The EKINOPS solution is based on a 1RU passive chassis which can hold a mix of various elements such as OMs and Optical Add & Drop Multiplexers (OADMs). The OM modules support 8 channel multiplexing schemes in a dual fiber configuration covering the C-band from 1528 nm to1561 nm.
The modules support Extended Temperature Range (ETR) so they can be deployed in environmental extremes from -40°C to +65°C | -40°F to +149°F. Monitoring ports are also available allowing operators to non-intrusively validate the performance of their network.
- Cost effective network upgrade for either single or dual fiber spans
- Low profile with 4 modules in 1RU
- Increase bandwidth capacity of existing fiber by a factor of 18
- Low insertion loss for maximum performance
- Extended Temperature Range (ETR) -40°C to +65°C
- Completely passive, no power or maintenance required
- High density Mobile Backhaul (MBH) / Mobile Fronthaul (MFH)
- Network upgrades from single to multi-channel
- Metro transport
- Relief for fiber exhausted routes