Getting the most out of your network is critical in today’s capital-constrained environment. Deploying dedicated fiber runs to every location is both impractical and expensive so reaching as many customers as possible from your existing fiber plant is critical to your success as a network operator. With Ekinops’ line of low-cost Optical Add & Drop Multiplexers (OADMs), you can aggregate traffic from multiple locations and deploy service to any customer without disrupting existing traffic. EKINOPS provides a broad line of OADM solutions for any network environment. Whether you need to add or drop a single wavelength or multiple wavelengths in only one direction or both east and west, EKINOPS has the solution for you. With up to four OADM modules hosted ina single 1RU enclosure, we provide a high density, low cost platform in the least amount of space to minimize the impact on your operations and your bottom line.
The EKINOPS solution is based on a 1RU passive chassis which can hold a mix of various elements such as Optical Multiplexers (OMs) and OADMs. The OADM modules support either 1-, 2-, or 4-channel Add & Drop capability on dual fiber spans covering the C-band from 1528.7nm to 1561.5nm. OADMs can be one-degree adding and dropping traffic from a single side, or two-degree adding and dropping traffic in both the east and west directions. All OADMs are designed for operation in Extended Temperature Range (ETR) environments from -40°C to +65°C | -40°F to +149°F.
- 1-, 2-, or 4-channel Add & Drop modules to match your network requirements
- Supports both uni- and bi-directional traffic
- Dense footprint with 4 modules hostedin 1RU
- Extended Temperature Range (ETR)-40°C to +65°C | -40°F to +149°F supported on all modules
- Completely passive, no power or maintenance required
- Aggregation of multiple antenna sites for: Mobile Backhaul (MBH), Mobile Fronthaul (MFH)
- Intermediate traffic Add & Drop on regional and long-haul networks
- Cost-effective metro ring expansion
- Services backhaul from rural and remote locations without climate control or power