The EKINOPS PM 1604 is designed to provide high-speed connectivity to support business applications for enterprises. With requirements for server virtualization, business continuance, disaster recovery and real-time access to off-site data and applications, the requirements for high-speed connectivity across the WAN are greater than ever. Storage requirements continue to grow by orders of magnitude from Terabytes to Petabytes to Exabytes to Zettabytes and the need for increasingly high speeds to move data in native block format is driving the need for more than existing 8G Fibre Channel. The EKINOPS PM 1604 can provide up to four 8G, 10G or 16G Fibre Channel interfaces allowing network operators to gracefully migrate to higher speeds while supporting existing lower speed interfaces, as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet to support other IT devices such as servers, switches and routers. The PM 1604 operates without Forward Error Correction (FEC) to provide the low latency required to move large data blocks within a campus or metro environment. By converting the incoming client signal to DWDM, the EKINOPS PM 1604 allows multiple services to ride over the same optical network for optimal fiber utilization.
- Four independent transponders on one single-slot blade
- Supports any mix of 8G, 10G and 16G FibreSupports any mix of 8G, 10G and 16G FibreChannel and 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Up to 80 x 16G channels in a single chassis — 1.2T of Fiber Channel capacity in 7RU
- Low latency
- Pluggable Module compatible with all EKINOPS chassis already installed in the field
- Economical Ekinops-qualified SFP+interfaces for both client and line side
The EKINOPS PM 1604 is designed for high speed transport of enterprise traffic in native format in campus and metro networks. It provides connectivity between enterprise-class IT devices such as servers, switches, routers and Storage Area Network (SAN) devices. It can be used to connect virtualized servers or storage clusters in different locations so they can act as a single resource pool. Service providers can also use it to offer high margin managed services over their existing 50GHz or 100GHz spaced ITU-T grid networks and increase revenue streams without adding additional capital or operational expense.
- Enterprise connectivity
- Server and storage replication/virtualization
- Business continuance and disaster recovery (BC/DR)
- Campus networking
- Managed business services