The CPRI 10G muxponder solution addresses advanced fronthaul applications where strict synchronicity really matters. It is compatible with all EKINOPS chassis already installed in the field and offers more flexibility for new, greenfield network deployments or EKINOPS system upgrades.
The EKINOPS CPRI 10G muxponder solution offers highly flexible multiplexing capability, with 10 aggregation ports instead of the typical 8 ports offered by other manufacturers. Thus the configuration possibilities are almost endless, and the backhauling capacity grows with your needs.
The EKINOPS PM LMA module can be managed through snmp or via the EKINOPS standard element level management interfaces, which include a Command line interface (CLI) and an EKINOPS java-based graphical User interface (GUI). The CLI is accessible via secure socket shell (SSH) and telnet remotely or via a local serial port locally on the management board.
Complete performance monitoring and management are provided, including laser shutoff and local and remote loopback, useful for maintenance and fault isolation.
Digital Diagnostics Management (DDM) is supported for SFP+ interfaces. This includes link status, transmit (TX) and receive (RX) signal power monitoring, and operational temperature, as well as manufacturer and transceiver model information essential for inventory management. A 10 Mbps in-band data Communications Channel (DCC) is embedded in the line side for remote management.
The EKINOPS PM LMA module is also supported by Celestis NMS, the EKINOPS advanced network management system.
- Cost-optimized solution for fronthaul and last mile aggregation applications
- Aggregation of CPRI and Sync-E signals onto 10G wavelengths
- Ease of deployment thanks to Extended Temperature Range -40°C to +65°C capability
- Pluggable module compatible with all EKINOPS chassis already installed in the field
- Flexible, compact aggregation: extensible aggregation of up to 9x CPRI or 8x CPRI and 2x Sync-E into two 10G SFP+ ports using a single PM LMA 2RU solution
- Low latency, robust CPRI and Sync-E aggregation design allows highly efficient multiplexing schemes and transparent synchronicities of client signals
- Efficient transmissions thanks to Ekinops’ FEC
- Economical, agnostic SFP(+) interfaces for client and line sides.
- Future-proof thanks to handling capability of CPRI line bit rate options 1 to 8
The EKINOPS 10G CPRI muxponder can be utilized anywhere you are considering fronthaul and backhaul needs. That can be to large radio sites, whether you backhaul one or more radio bands.
The EKINOPS solution can be deployed in greenfield deployments and existing deployments without the need to replace the line system already in place. Various fronthauling architectures can be implemented using the flexible PM LMA, from point-to-point topologies when aggregating several co-localized remote radio heads to more complex fronthauling and backhauling ring topologies when adds and drops of CPRI and Sync-E signals are required.