The EKINOPS 360 system consists of three rack mountable chassis types that were engineered to deliver maximum capacity (scales to over 1.2 Tbps) while requiring minimum space and power.
The chassis share both a single software and wide variety of pluggable modules (PM), which allows you to optimize a solution for your specific network needs. The system consists of a 7RU chassis for high density hub and aggregation applications, and two versions of a 2RU chassis for applications where space, power and environment are key considerations. The system supports both DWDM and CWDM for both dual fiber and single fiber configurations and includes optical multiplexers (Mux/Demux), reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADM) and optical amplifiers (OA). Mux and Demux filter modules are designed in a modular fashion to accommodate channel growth without service interruption.
The EKINOPS 360 is a carrier-grade system that offers customers maximum reliability and availability (99.999+).
- The chassis were engineered with ultimate redundancy, including power supplies and fans.
- Each service module is hot swappable and is independent from other modules in the chassis.
- Once a system is configured it is fully operational even in the event of a management card failure.
- Service traffic is kept on the transponder and is not carried across a backplane, which translates to wireline speeds — no backplane speed limitations. This also allows for virtually infinite scalability of the system as the industry moves to 400G and beyond.
- The system also includes protection switching capability for delivering protected services.
EKINOPS has engineered a next-generation optical transport system that provides you and your customers ‘peace of mind’.
The EKINOPS 360 Dynamic, Multi-Reach Transport platform is a next generation optical transport system that can support metro, regional, rural and long haul applications — with the ability to scale to over 1.2 Tbps.