Sophia Antipolis, FRANCE
Permanent, full time
Purpose of the job
As the network industry is entering into a new age, with Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization, OneAccess increasingly invests to maintain a leading role as a provider of SDN/NFV advanced networking software and equipment’s.
The candidate will join our R&D department in Sophia Antipolis, the French Telecom Valley, playing a key role in the design and development of our innovative next generation virtualization solutions as part of the Network Function Virtualization Program.
Duties and responsibilities
The R&D Software Engineer will have as main tasks and responsibilities:
- Passionate with advanced network and virtualization solutions, propose innovative solutions, mockups, and an urge to “take it to the next level”
- Engage with system and solutions architects in the design and shaping of innovative solutions
- Participate in the design, architecture definition, and technical specifications of new products or enhancements of existing products.
- Perform coding of new modules following the specifications
- Investigate, analyze, correct, and document reported defects to enhance the quality of our products and our knowledge data base.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation to enrich the team’s collective know-how
Skills and profile
Software engineer, preferably with a few years of experience, with system and network knowledge, you can demonstrate the following:
- Software development experience: Python, C
- Operating systems: knowledge of Linux (administration, development), kernel knowledge is a plus
Knowledge of IP networks: protocols, IP stack software development, (routing, security, wan optimization is a plus)
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV is not necessarily expected but would be a plus.
- Virtualization : As a user or developer, hypervisors (KVM/QEMU, VMware), Cloud Management Platforms (Openstack, Cloudstack, Heat,...)
- SDN/NFV : Openflow, OpenNFV, Mano,...
- System performance tuning knowledge
- Open source minded
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Autonomous, rigorous, and delivery-oriented with a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Potential and willingness for personal development and improvement
Proactive and organized, you are able to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams. While attractive compensations will take care of your everyday life, we believe you will be delighted by the atmosphere, the energy, the team-spirit, and the fun to work on products that will shape our future.