You are responsible for operational ICT in general at the Belgian site (Heverlee, Leuven), with direct support by the IT Director.
Your role focusses on maintenance and development of a mid-size intercontinental back-end ICT infrastructure. You assist in international end-user support, mostly on more complex or sensitive issues passed on to you by your ICT colleagues. You are part of an international team, having colleagues & users in several continents. You occasionally travel to other EKINOPS sites, mostly in France. You report to the group IT director (who has home base in Belgium, but not always physically present).
- Experience in Microsoft server&client systems (Active Directory, Windows file sharing, Windows printing, DFS) and basic understanding in administration of Linux-based server systems (setup & maintenance of the OS level and integration with Microsoft systems).
- Experience in managing small datacenter setups (servers, storage, VMware, iSCSI, SAN, Veeam backup). Experience in managing (international) corporate networks (Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, VLANs, routing, firewalling, monitoring, threat protections).
Knowledge assets: understanding of Linux on the desktop, Office365, VoIP, wifi, WSUS, SQL, LDAP, Apache HTTPD, digital certificates & encryption, IPSEC, L2TP, SNMP.
- You focus on the goal, not having a 9-to-5 attitude.
- You are self-learning and can work independently while not forgetting your role in the team.
- You are continuously looking for improvement and you communicate about that to your responsible.
- You have an analytical mind-set that allows you to focus on priorities and adapt strategies if needed.
- You give priority to user-experience and operational excellence over sexy equipment&setups.
- You are cost-aware and help optimize operational expenses.
- You understand that creating inventories, documentation and procedures support the daily job of yourself and your colleagues.
- You are sensitive to security-related and business-continuity related topics.
- You are alert on (implicit) signals from systems & colleagues.
- You can handle stress: in a breakdown situation you focus on solving the issue.
- You have a relevant experience of at least 5y in a similar profile.
- You communicate fluently in English (spoken and written) and can be concise yet clear if needed.
Assets in languages (mostly spoken): French, Dutch.
- Prof. bach. Multimedia & communicatietechnology
- Hoger beroepsonderwijs (HBO) Informatica-programmering
- Hoger beroepsonderwijs (HBO) Informaticabeheer
- Prof. bach. Multimedia en communicatietechnologie: Multimedia en communicatietechnologie
- Ac. bach. Informatica
- Hoger beroepsonderwijs (HBO) Industriële informatica Or equivalent by experience
Be part of a fast-growing international company in the telecom supplier industry with roots in Europe. Flexible working time.
Long-term fixed contract.
Attractive salary relevant to your experience (incl. car, meal tickets, extended insurance package, ...)