Permanent, full time
Central Support Operations
Purpose of the job
You are an experienced network engineer in both routed & switched network environments, and virtual environments, and you are looking for a new technical challenge on a global scale inside a leading manufacturer for network devices.
As a 3rd level Customer Support Engineer, you will be joining our team in Vélizy-Villacoublay. On a daily basis, you will offer technical support to worldwide customers (operators & integrators) in order to validate solutions and win projects.
You will play a key role for problem reproduction and resolution interacting with R&D, and will be responsible for pre-validating new features before demonstrating them to the customers.
Furthermore, you will be the direct point of contact for customer questions and issues reported for our devices and will assist them towards a full solution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver and coordinate the support for EKINOPS products to the sales channels worldwide through the Extranet, be the interface between all external and internal parties
- Deliver support in order to resolve escalated problem from all channels.
- Assist in pre-sales consultancy tasks, check and test network designs for new and existing projects.
- Determine problem causes (hardware and software), work jointly with all involved departments (R&D, Production, Sales channels, affiliates,…) towards resolution.
- Determine, analyze and describe problems
- Represent EKINOPS as a product and technology specialist, in order to meet customer expectations
- Train colleagues and customers on latest software and hardware evolutions
- Stay abreast of latest technical developments of competitors
Skills and profile
- Bachelor or Master or Engineer in Electronics/Telecom/IT
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data/voice communications environments
- Fluent in English (both verbal & written knowledge). Any other language will be appreciated.
- Ability to travel
- Stress resistant, flexible.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams
- A passion for network environments based on routing & switching which are making use of a variety of protocols like Ethernet, EFM, PPPoE, MLP, GRE, L2TP & IPsec tunnels, dynamic routing (BGP, OSPF, RIP), QoS implementation in L2 & L3 Networks, IPSec (IKEv1, IKEv2, PKI, SCEP,…).
- Proficiency with SD-WAN, branch networking, and VPN solutions.
- Proficiency with management protocols (SNMP, CWMP, Netconf).
- Familiarity with virtualization and hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi, KVM/Openstack)
- Deep understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts, risk
- Familiarity with scripting including Python and Bash
- Experience in TCP/UDP IP networking & troubleshooting.
- You are familiar to network inspection tools (e.g. wireshark) for detailed inspection of network traffic.
- Any industry standard network certification or similar through experience (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia).
Extra Asset Skills
- Familiarity with public clouds (Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud management, and data centers
- Experience in fiber, copper (ADSL, VDSL, SHDSL) and LTE networks.
- Some experience on server environments (i.e. Linux, VMware, SUN) including some basic scripting skills.
- Implementing and using L3 SLA probes and/or L2 EthOAM standards.
Nice to have
- Good knowledge of testing procedures and test equipment.
- Broad view on the telecom access market
- In-depth knowledge of broadband access techniques and equipment.
- Experience in firmware and hardware debugging and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding in
- Network protocols for both Layer2 and Layer3 Data networks and knowledge of wireshark or tcp/udp dump inspections.
- Network protocols for voice applications and using VoIP phones and Voice emulators.
- Extended view about logical network implementations over physical/virtual connections