Permanent, full time
Central Support Operations
Purpose of the job
You are an experienced network engineer in both routed & switched network environments and you are looking for a new technical challenge on a global scale inside a leading manufacturer for network devices.
As a 3rd level Customer Support Engineer, you will be joining our team in Leuven. On a daily basis, you will offer technical support to worldwide customers (operators & integrators) in order to validate solutions and win projects.
You will play a key role for problem reproduction and resolution interacting with R&D, and will be responsible for pre-validating new features before demonstrating them to the customers.
Furthermore, you will be the direct point of contact for customer questions and issues reported for our devices and will assist them towards a full solution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deliver and coordinate the support for OneAccess products to the sales channels worldwide through the Extranet, be the interface between all external and internal parties
- Deliver support in order to resolve escalated problem from all channels.
- Assist in pre-sales consultancy tasks, check and test network designs for new and existing projects.
- Determine problem causes (hard- and software), work jointly with all involved departments (R&D, Production, Sales channels, affiliates,…) towards resolution.
- Determine, analyse and describe problems
- Represent OneAccess as a product and technology specialist, in order to satisfy customer expectations
- Train colleagues and customers on latest software and hardware evolutions
- Stay abreast of latest technical developments of competitors
Skills and profile
- Bachelor or Master in Electronics (or equivalent through experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data/voice communications environments
- Fluent in English (both verbal & written knowledge). Any other language will be appreciated.
- Ability to travel (limited to a few times a year)
- Stress resistant, flexible.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams
- A passion for network environments based on (vrf) routing & (vlan) switching which are making use of a variety of protocols like Ethernet, EFM, PPPoE, MLP, GRE, L2TP & IPsec tunnels.
- Experienced in TCP/UDP IP networking & troubleshooting.
- You know how to work with Quality of Service implementations for L2 and/or L3 networks.
- You are familiar to network inspection tools (e.g. wireshark) for detailed inspection of network traffic.
- Any industry standard network certification or similar through experience (i.e. Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia).
Extra Asset Skills:
- Experience in fiber, copper (ADSL, VDSL, SHDSL) and LTE networks.
- Metro Ethernet and MEF certification methodology.
- In depth knowledge on static & dynamic (BGP, OSPF) routing principles.
- Some experience on server environments (i.e. Linux, VMware, SUN) including some basic scripting skills.
- Implementing and using L3 SLA probes and/or L2 EthOAM standards.
- Knowledge in the voice environment (ISDN, VoIP, SIP, SBC, …)
- IPv6 network terminology and practical experience.
Nice to have
- Experience in the access and broadband domain for xDSL and/or Fibre Optic
- Experience in server environments (e.g. VMWare, Linux)
- Excellent knowledge of OSI Layers 1,2 and 3 and all related functionalities (network topologies, protocols)
- Good knowledge of OSI Layers 4 up to 7
- Detailed knowledge of at least 3 of the following items:
- VLANS, xDSL, PPPoE, EFM, ATM, QoS, Bridged/L2 networks, Dynamic Routing, VRF, Tunneling, IPv6, Spanning Tree, EthOAM, IPSec. (applicable to “TDRE” & “OneOS Data” CSO profile)
- SIP, SIP Connect 1.1, SIP TLS, Fax/Modem, ISDN, FXO/FXS, PBX, SBC (applicable to “OneOS Voice” CSO profile)
- Good knowledge of testing procedures and test equipment.
- Broad view on the telecom access market
- In-depth knowledge of broadband access techniques and equipment.
- Experience in firmware and hardware debugging and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding in
- Network protocols for both Layer2 and Layer3 Data networks and knowledge of wireshark or tcp/udp dump inspections.
(applicable to “TDRE” & “OneOS Data” CSO profile)
- Network protocols for voice applications and using VoIP phones and Voice emulators.
(applicable to “OneOS Voice” CSO profile)
- Extended view about logical network implementations over physical/virtual connections