Third Level Support Engineer
Rockville (MD), USA
Temporary (VIE 12 months), full time
Central Support Operations
Purpose of the job
You are an experienced network engineer in both routed & switched network environments and you are looking for a new technical challenge on a global scale inside a leading manufacturer for network devices.
As a 3rd level Customer Support Engineer, you will be joining our team Central Support Operations. On a daily basis, you will offer technical support to worldwide customers (operators & integrators) in order to validate solutions and win projects.
You will play a key role for problem reproduction and resolution interacting with R&D, and will be responsible for pre-validating new features before demonstrating them to the customers.
Furthermore, you will be the direct point of contact for customer questions and issues reported for our devices and will assist them towards a full solution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Field Support Engineer is a critical member of the customer facing sales team in North America, having primary responsibility for providing pre-sales technical support and field engagement activities. The Field Support Engineer will report directly to the Sales Engineering Director.
Provide technical and sales support to the Sales team:
- Perform technical demonstrations, evaluation, Proof of Concepts and presentations to customers, partners and prospects
- Assist in the development of formal sales proposals to meet customers’ requirements
- Manage product certifications in customer labs
- Provide direct support for the technical fulfilment of RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s in the region
Provide technical support to customers :
- Manage customers’ issues to resolution via formal ticketing system
- Perform lab testing for software features
- Assist in deploying maintenance releases
Skills and profile
- Education: BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action, while managing the customer’s expectations
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Full understanding of data networking and associated protocols
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) or equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) desirable
- Full understanding of SIP and how it is deployed in a service provider’s environment
- Ability to install applications on LINUX, UNIX and Windows Server operating systems
- Ability to work remotely effectively and add value as a team member
- The role will be field based in Rockville (MD) but will require travelling throughout North America, and occasionally to Headquarters in France.
Proactive and organized, you have good communications skills, and are able to work in an international environment with cross-functional teams.